The function keys F1 through F12 may have a variety of different uses or no use at all. It’s depend on the installed operating system and the software program currently installed.
A installed program is capable of not only for using each of the function keys,but also combining the function keys with the Alt or Ctrl key,Such as, Microsoft Windows operating systems users can press Alt + F4 to close the program currently running.
Dear reader here, I will provides a a list of some of the common functions of the functions keys on computers running on Microsoft Windows.As mentioned above functions keys not all programs support and may
Main Function of F1 through F12 keys mentioned in the below.
Work of F1:
1.This function key almost always used as the help key, almost every program will open the help screen when this key is pressed.
2.Windows Key + F1 would open the Microsoft Windows help and support center.
Work of F2:
1.In Windows F2 function key normally used to rename a highlighted icon or file.
2. And Alt + Ctrl + F2 opens document window in Microsoft Word.
3. Ctrl + F2 displays the print preview window in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
Work or use of F3:
1. F3 almost open the search feature for many programs including Microsoft Windows.
2. In MS-DOS or Windows command line F3 will repeat the last command.
3. Pressing Shift + F3 will change the text in Microsoft Word from upper to lower case or a capital letter at the beginning of every word.
Work of F4:
1.Open the find window.
2.Repeat the last action performed (Word 2000,2003,2007,2010)
3.Alt + F4 will close the program currently active in Microsoft Windows.
3.Ctrl + F4 will close the open window within the current active window in Microsoft Windows.
Work or use of F5:
1.In modern Internet browsers pressing F5 will refresh or reload the page or document window.
2. Open the find, replace, and go to window in Microsoft Word.
3. Starts a slideshow in PowerPoint.
Work of F6:
1.Move the cursor to the Address bar in Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer.
2.Ctrl + Shift + F6 open the another Microsoft Word document.
Work or use of F7:
1.Normally used for spelling check and grammar check a document in Microsoft programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel,Outlook, etc.
2.Shift + F7 runs a Thesaurus check on the word highlighted.
3.Turns on Caret browsing in Mozilla Firefox.
Work of F8:
1. F8 function key normally used to enter the Windows startup menu and also used to access Windows Safe Mode.
Work of F9:
1. Used for compiling and finding error and warning in Code Blocks.
Work of F10:
1.In Microsoft Windows activates the menu bar of an open application.
2.Shift + F10 is the same as right-clicking on a highlighted icon, file, or Internet link.
3. Used for running a program code in code blocks.
Work of F11:
1.Full-screen mode in all modern Internet browsers.
2.Ctrl + F11 as computer is starting to access the hidden recovery partition on many Dell computers.
Work or use of F12
1.Open the Save as window in Microsoft Word.
2.Shift + F12 save the Microsoft Word document.
3.Ctrl + Shift + F12 prints a document in Microsoft Word.
4.Open Firebug add owns.
Incoming search terms:
- what is the meaning of f1 in the computer ;